A couple of notes:

I've been operating under the assumption that at least 1 "+1" committer vote
(not including author of contribution) is required for codebase changes.
 This is a sensible rule imho.. but apparently not a real one :). Thoughts?

Vetoes in response to a commit message -- seems like one should be able to
veto *before* a commit message, too. Nobody likes reverting codebases.

Inactive / Emeritus committers -- does everyone listed as initial committer
actually pass the 6-month requirement? I think Ben Reed and Giri might not,
which would make things awkward right off the bat.

Distinction between PMC and Committer list -- right now they are identical,
correct? Are they normally very different in other projects? Is that the
sort of thing that develops over time, and the initial groups tend to be the
same?

Thanks,
-Dmitriy