one small thing that i'm not sure exactly how to address. you don't want voting intervals to be too long because they can slow down the release if issues come up and you need to keep restarting the vote. on the other hand, a short interval means that people may miss it.

it might be nice to have something about a announcement time frame for a vote. something like an announcement for an upcoming vote must be made at least a week in advance. that way people don't miss it. for example the following scenario would be valid: on the 1st you announce that you have a vote coming up for a release on the 8th. issues come up on the 7th and delay the vote until the 10th. on the 10th the voting starts. there is a issue that comes up during voting and you restart the vote on the 15th. on the 18th the vote passes.

i'm not really sure how to state it in the bylaws. (i said up front that i wasn't sure how to address it :)

ben