Guy, I think you'll be happier when coming this far south if you plan
on a spring or fall trip, or even winter if you hit the right week
(like this one <g>, it's about 70f out there). This is especially true
when heading for the lowlands around the Gulf which are extremely
humid, as in dripping. You may do OK in early summer, say late May,
June. Slightly different advice for a higher elevation and/or some
desert destinations.

Pam

Guy Glorieux wrote:

> Hi Joe,
> I sure want to know the Cajun "joie de vivre" and I will most likely
> submit a portfolio!  Funny this comes, because my wife and I were
> talking recently about visiting Louiasiana and New Orleans and the
> Bayou country during the summer holidays.  But we were turned off a
> bit when we read that the mean temperature in New Orleans in August
> is 28 Celcius.  Is that the case and does that make holidays without
> air conditionning unbearable?
>
> Best,
Pamela G. Niedermayer
Pinehill Softworks Inc.