"Lukic, Nemanja" <nlu...@mips.com> writes:

> Run-time detection of the DSP extensions is left as it was in the
> original patch. Yes, there is no easy way to run-time distinguish if
> CPU supports DSPr1 or DSPr2. In case of "ddsp" string in the cpuinfo,
> we don't want to return TRUE. TRUE should be returned only if there is
> just "dsp" string found.

As mentioned, if DSPr1 and DSPr2 can't be distinguished at runtime, then
I don't think it makes sense to do runtime detection at all.

I didn't read all of the assembly since I'm not very familiar with MIPS
assembly, but the parts I did read looked good to me, so if you send
another version of the first patch addressing the -mdspr2 and runtime
detection issues, I'll push both patches.

Thanks,
Søren