Hi,

On 03/28/2014 09:17 AM, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 09:12:43AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> I am still unsure if we shoudl be adding these new IDs to serio core...
>>> Can't the X driver take a peek at ACPI devices on it's own?
>>
>> The problem is there is no way for userspace to know which
>> /sys/devices/pnp0/00:xx
>> device is the serio bus host.
>
> Practically speaking you should not care - there is only one touchpad in
> Lenovos.

So are you suggesting we simply go over all /sys/devices/pnp0/00:xx devices
looking
for a pnp-id we're interested  in ?  I'm sorry but that is just a non-sense
solution,
which reminds me of the good old days of random poking io-ports to probe stuff.

We're not blindly going to read every /sys/devices/pnp0/00:xx/id attribute on a
system, assuming that if it contains a pnp-id we're interested in it happens to
belong to the input device we're enumerating at that time.

Regards,

Hans