>     I'll have to show my ignorance of Windows... I thought the
dll's were
> windows version of libraries.

Jupp, they are. But to build against them you need to have a
small static library to link with, and of course the header
files. These were unfortunately absent from the distribution.

> Anyway, if you can send me (or Bill M.) the changes to the .dsw
and
> .dsp
> files, we'll get them in to CVS.

And that's where the version of Visual Studio comes in. v7 (2002
or later) refuses to save in that format, but uses it's own
format (.sln and .vcproj) instead. The reasons for this are
unclear to me, but that's life with Windows.

Henrik Kjoelhede