On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 12:23:42AM -0400, Alexander R. Pruss wrote:

> Is there any reason to worry too much about these old-style links?
> There is not much reason for a pyplucker user to generate them nowadays.
Documents generated by older versions of PyPlucker exist. For
example, I have lots of PDBs generated using linked sequences of
records composed in Windows-1251 (Cyrillic Windows charset).
While on my previous device (Palm m500) these documents were shown
OK (since Plucker just doesn't cope with charsets, AFAIK, and my
device was patched to have Windows-1251 as it's system charset +
fonts, etc), on my today's WinCE-based device I cannot properly
view that documents using Vade-Mecum since under WinCE reader
*must* pay attention to charsets.

And, after all, until such suport is implemented in a reader, it
cannot claim itself as fully compliant to the standard.