I'd like to have a Plucker server. What I'd like to do is to be able to go from a PDA to a URL like:

http://myprivateserver.selfip.net:5000/PluckerServer.php?depth=3&url="http://sitetopluck.com/link.html";

and then have myprivateserver.selfip.net generate the Plucker file on the fly so I can download it.

I'm kind of tempted to make such a server, but maybe someone else has already got code that could be used. And I really don't know how to do server-side programming.

I suppose I could cobble together something using netcat, perl and PyPlucker, in effect writing a mini web server sitting on port 5000, but there has to be an easier way.

I have apache running on my Linux office machine, and a WinME system that I'm already using as an ftp and printer server (for the latter, see: rawprintserver.sf.net).

Question: If I have an Internet connected PDA, why not just view sitetopluck.com in Blazer? Answer: Plucker is much better as a viewer, compresses data, and keeps my place in the document.

Alex
p.s. My latest fun project--PrintIt: screen print to network printer. http://handypalmstuff.sf.net

--
Dr. Alexander R. Pruss