> As a suggestion for a future release, it would be nice if a Delete
> operation would simply remove the document entry if the underlying
> document didn't exist, rhather than leaving a stray pointer to nothing
> lying around.

        Wouldn't this require Plucker to scan your RAM, ROM, and card(s) at
startup to determine that, thus removing the feature you've set to "Manual"?
It used to do this in fact, but now no longer does, due to long scan times.

> Meanwhile, does anyone have an idea of what might be going on here?  I'm
> about at the point of doing a hard reset on the Visor, and redoing
> everything from scratch to try to clear up the problem.

        That might work also, but I suspect that since you deleted the doc
outside of Plucker, it doesn't know it is missing, and since you didn't do a
refresh, all of the pointers are messed up, and Plucker believes the
document exists when it doesn't, when you try to move it or file it.

        It all seems logical to me, but then again, for Plucker to "fix" the
pointer to the doc, it would have to scan the card(s) and find out if the
ref to the doc in the library list actually exists on the device, before
moving it. Then you're back to square one again, long scanning times.

d.