Which palm device are you using? I find scrolling with the jogwheel to
be fine with a Clie SJ-20 and plucker-hires. I set the jogwheel to move
a full page up/down with each 'tick.' I found it was hard to read with
the default half-page up/down per tick. But maybe you have a slower
model because if I scroll the wheel 3-4 times it doesn't take more than
a second to finish scrolling.