On 8/5/06, MyRealBox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, Palm TX (T|X). A must to go online with Plucker.

> In fact, to go online I suppose it would open Blazer, right? Or could
> another browser be used? Is there any browser which can open a native HTML
> file from the card, w/o having to Pluck? Or a means of Plucking straight on
> the Palm (i.e., I find a site while browsing with my Palm, and Pluck it on
> the fly, from the Palm)?

http://www.opera.com

Referring to Opera Mini?

I have that here, along with half a dozen other web browsers I've
tried on my Tapwave Zodiac 2.  I haven't tried Blazer, but it would
need to be *really* bad for Opera Mini to be preferable.

Opera Mini is a Java applet.  You need a compatible version of IBM's
Java Virtual Machine for PalmOS to use it.  Given this, I question
whether it could be called from Plucker.

Even if you can, because it's a Java app, it doesn't follow the Palm
UI guidelines, so it behaves like nothing else on a Palm device.  And
while rendering is excellent, it doesn't seem to support Javascript
(or CSS), and it's *really* sluggish on my device.  (The TX uses a
faster processor, and may be better.) The current version also doesn't
support the 320x480 screen, and I haven't been able to get it to open
a local HTML file.  (Due to issues with Javascript and CSS support, I
haven't found a Plm browser that does dfo a good job of that.)

I got it running mostly to see whether I *could*  I wouldn't try to
use it seriously.  I prefer Novarra's nWeb, though Mobirus' Xiino is
also worth a look.

Opera *Micro* *would* be interesting, and Opera was apparently
interested in doing a PalmOS version, but the effort foundered because
Palm wasn't interested.

 HenryH                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
______
Dennis