On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Stephen <cryptwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree on exchange really
> If you need just email exchange is the wrong thing but if you are
> looking at all the other stuff I haven't seen anything close without
> some serious work and cobbling

As a forced user of Exchange via Outlook I consider the combination
proof that MS is a monopoly.  The number of UI odd-nesses, broken
metaphors, failures to schedule, etc. that I regularly suffer with
amaze me.  If it was a tool competing in a fair market, it would have
been ridiculed and died.  (Or our IT people are doing it wrong.)

That said, I have not been an administrator of such a server nor have
I used other competing solutions, other than Google.  But I am
saddened to think that Exchange and Outlook, as broken as they are,
represent the best enterprise PIM solution available.  Sad indeed.

Alan