On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 01:27:51AM -0700, Russell Senior wrote:
> Fwiw, every time I've called Zipy support (for my mom's residential
> account), I've talked to someone with a southeastern USian accent.

I was told about the Asian call center by a Crufty Old
Install Tech (white beard, belt and suspenders) servicing
a neighbor.  My guess is that Ziply uses a 40h/week
domestic support team, and sometimes a foreign team when
they are overloaded or outside of normal business hours.
The business support team is available fewer hours.

I was told this last summer, and have been tardy about
de-Comcast-ing, so Ziply consumer tech support may have
gone "all domestic" since then.

With passive glass fiber all the way from the Tualatin
switch fortress to my house, I expect very few problems
and service calls, presuming Ziply isn't bought by
monopolistic corporate pirates, like Comcast was.

When the last Comcast Pirate is hung from a yardarm,
the "rope" will be frayed, oxidized Comcast coax.

Anyway, it is WONDERFUL that SeniorMom is getting great
service, from ZiplySouth and from her helpful offspring.

And now, back to debugging the last 20 meters of metal
from the ONT to my test computer.  Which I should probably
move 19 meters and two switches closer to the ONT, for test
purposes.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          kei...@keithl.com