Clackamas County also got money from the 2009 stimulus bill to build a
publicly-owned middle mile network that runs from Government Camp to the
west end of the county near Lake Oswego and all the way to downtown
Portland. This has made extending local networks much more affordable.

  https://www.clackamas.us/cbx

One hilarious side note. Clackamas County publishes a map of where that
fiber goes. If you ask the City of Portland to show you a map of their
publicly-owned fiber network, which they use for internal corporate
purposes and currently do not allow to be used to benefit their
constituents, you will be told "oh no, we couldn't show you those maps,
that's secret because it is Critical Infrastructure!"

--
Russell Senior
russ...@personaltelco.net