On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 1:25 PM Russell Senior <russ...@personaltelco.net>
wrote:

> ALL run on some approximation of 12V DC.  Yay!
>>

> FYI: Pascal, the PC Engines guy, warned me that the APU took "precisely
> 12V", or at least it didn't have the high end margin that many 12V devices
> do. You should investigate that further before plugging in to higher
> voltages than the standard power supply provides.

All of the APU2 and APU4 schematics I have found seem to have a TVS diode,
SMBJ14A, which is spec'd with a Reverse Standoff Voltage of 14V and
Breakdown Voltage Min/Max of 15.6/17.2, respectively. As a non-EE, it looks
like 12.8V should be safe. Check the datasheet.
--
Russell Senior
russ...@personaltelco.net