On Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:06:31 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 2001.08.08 17:15 Federico Sevilla III wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 at 14:53, Allan Garcia wrote:
> > > any ideas on how can i recover a root password on a Freebsd 4.3 linux?
> >
> > FreeBSD is _NOT_ Linux. It's a BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution). :)
> >
> >  --> Jijo
> >
> > PS- There are two things that came out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. Hmmm ...
> > are you smelling what I'm smelling? (no, that wasn't me) ;>
>
> Huh. AFAIK, LSD (Lysergic Acid Diethylamide) was discovered in Switzerland
> by Albert Hoffman, whilst working for the Sandoz Chemical (a large
> pharmaceutical that has now merged with Ciba-Geigy to form Novartis). Tim
> Leary, the main US advocated for LSD taking in the '60s is from Harvard.
> And the Beatles, who sang "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (LSD, get it) are
> from Liverpool, England. While Berkeley was the centre of the "Flower
> Power" movement in the '60s, and a lot of LSD was taken there, so were a
> lot of other psychotropic substances (cannabis, heroin, quaaludes, etc).
> So it would be historically inaacurate to say that LSD came from
> Berkeley... unlike BSD, which did.

Ya! But isn't it that the beat(e.g. kerouac, burroughs, dylan thomas etc.) inspired
flower people gave the world the likes of  Thompson & Richie ( craetor of Unix) and
later Kerniggan teaming up with with Ritchie wrote C. You may also include Bill Gates,
Ellison and java creator Gosling to this flower people who changed the world.
Eventually AT&T gave a copy of its kernel to UC Berkeley that later on came out with
the freeBSD. Wellwho knows what keeping us all busy is just a product of psychedellic
trips of these great guys, Kernigan, Ritchie & Thompson. Later, they inspired Linus
Torvalds to write something that duplicate UNIX eventually the Linux we are using.

For Gates, well ppl love to throw pies on his face and for Ellison he may end crashing
with his MIG. They are the cause of our bad trips!
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]