papaiannis wrote:
> Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

If you look at posts a few months ago, there was a very very long
interaction with another user where a CD drive just didn't work on a Pi.
In the end - gave up trying to make the drive work with the Pi.

So be prepared - some CD/DVD/BD drives do not work on some Pis - not
sure the reason.
I tested two different drives on my Pi3 & Pi4 and they worked OK with no
special tweak or changes except using a USB hub as I have USB mouse and
keyboard.

Main issue - POWER.

If you can - make sure CD drive is powered separate through a separate
USB hub.

In the meantime - full details - so that perhaps I can test a simlar
setup.
What model Pi ?
What model CD/DVD drive ?
Does CD drive have a USB Y-connector or its own separate power supply ?
What other USB devices are plugged into the Pi ?