papaiannis wrote:
> Yes, that Antika drive has a Micro-B USB 3 connector.
>
> As far as you know, are there drives that work on the raspberry without
> separate power supply?
Pi3 is not my standard system so I cannot remember all the variations
tested with previous problem.

IIRC - my CD/DVD/BD with a micro B USB3 connected has a Y connector
(i.e. use two USB sockets on Pi3) but it was fussy about what other
devices were connected directly into Pi. I think problems were with some
HID devices (e.g. keyboards, USB1 ?)

There may also be other issues if Pi uses wired network connenction as
Ethernet will then be shared with CD drive.