bebop wrote:
> You are running Ubuntu 16.x which is quite old:
> Sorry about the old Ubuntu version, my old FitPc cannot run anything
> higher.
>
> what version of Perl ?
> Perl Version: 5.22.1 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int.
>
> what version of IO::Socket::SSL is showing in WebUI Settings/Information
> ?
> IO::Socket::SSL: 2.024.
>
> What version of PlayHLS are you running V1.* (with ffmpeg version ?) or
> V2 (native)?
> v2.9.
>
> What URL are your trying to play ?
> https://drliveradio.akamaized.net/hls/live/2022411/p4kobenhavn/masterab.m3u8
>
> I suspect that it may have had something to do with the stream, testing
> today shows no errors in the log......
Thanks for details. I think Perl and SSL are new enough not to cause
problems for most streams.  I

Is there any pattern to when the errors were logged (e.g. evening,
midnight shift, weekends, commute time weekdays) ?  The type of program
being broadcast (e.g. live, pre-recorded, very long) may hint when to
test.

The PlayHLS plugin implements a version of HLS from a few years ago -
audio stream have tended not to use many of the newer feature (which are
mainly video).

IIRC DR Radio have tended to be a leading edge of broadcast tech. The
problem maybe a new or little used HLS feature which is not implemented
or its implementation is incomplete/buggy.

With the Plugin version I can look at the line of code and try to
understand what might trigger the error.
The URL has 6 options for stream (and alternates) at 96kbps, 256kbps and
320kbps - perhaps the problem happens with one of the speeds/alternates.