I tried today's new version 1.0.15.   I got the same result, same error
messages in the log file.  I did set the helper file to arm64 in the
preferences (for macos M1).

Moreover, I have somehow once again got into the situation where the
preferences are no longer accessible through the web interface; trying
to access them gives the html error message:

404 Not Found:
plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/ShairTunes2W/settings/basic.html

Moreover,  I cannot correct this by uninstalling the plugin through the
plugins manager AND manually removing

/Users/fgoodman/Library/Application\
Support/Squeezebox/plugin/shairtunes.prefs .

If I re-install shairtunes through the plugins manager, I just get back
to the "404 not found" message.

The last time I was here, the only escape I found was  to do a clean
install of LMS from scratch.   Evidently, when things go south, you are
leaving behind some piece of information somewhere which prevents trying
again with a clean slate.