SamY wrote:
> Thanks, Philippe. That worked. I guess the question I have is "Why
> should the user have to set a non-default option in the plugin in order
> to play a standard vanilla mp3 playlist in passthrough mode without the
> tracks repeatedly and predictably skipping forward?". My LMS is indeed
> running on a Windows 10 server but, if the problem happens on all
> Windows machines, as appears to be the case, why not make the underrun
> logic the default behavior there? As to the socket close theory, I
> thought it was put aside after a couple of us found that changing the
> Windows KeepAliveTime registry entry from the default 2 hours down to 3
> minutes made no difference. I'm also wondering what made you decide to
> back out the change you made to get it working without the "underrun"
> streaming option in v2.1.0. I know there are a whole lot of variables
> involved here but just trying to understand the process. To pervert a
> phrase, "Inquiring minds are a pain in the a**." ;)

Well in 2.1.0 it was working ... because it was not working. I left a
bug where in fact everything was by default acting like "underrun",
which is not a good idea at all, the pipeline has to be better than
that. What drives me nuts is that I can't reproduce that on my Windows
11 machine...

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3