philippe_44 wrote:
> This log has the error code as I added it and it’s 10054, sort of as
> expected. You can see explanation here and there is more to read on
> 10054. It’s really frustrating that the keep-alive changes I’ve made in
> 2.1.12..1 still does not solve it
>
> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/winsock/windows-sockets-error-codes-2

Oh NOOOOO!!!! Just seeing that word WSAECONNRESET has triggered a
massive PTSD anxiety attack. Twenty-five years ago, I was a lead
software developer on a very successful and fast growing commercial
client-server product for monitoring and managing computer resources in
large distributed systems. While it started out as an industry standard
mainframe product used by numerous Fortune 100 companies worldwide, it
began to grow rapidly after it was ported to Unix platforms such as
HPUX, AIX and Solaris in the mid-90's, just as companies began to deploy
them heavily as satellite workstations. The next logical step was to
Windows servers, which were also picking up market share in the late
90's. The porting process was fairly straightforward for the most part
and we rolled it out to much fanfare, gaining market share rapidly in
the process. But before long we started receiving reports of strange and
unexplained errors from customers who had deployed large numbers of
Windows clients. I was the point man on this growing problem and was
sent onsite to many world corporate headquarters to debug, gather logs
and assure the tech staff that we were actively working on a solution.
In the end, we tracked it down to the strange and non-standard behavior
of the TCP/IP protocol stack (Winsock?) utilized by Windows. I have
blocked (that's actually a pun on Windows' failure to implement standard
non-blocking socket connections without a huge amount of overhead) out
most of the details but one thing I do remember is those 10054
WSAECONNRESET errors and, in the end, our inability to resolve the
issue. Consequently, over a period of a couple of years, we began to
lose our largest clients and, in the end, we accepted a buyout from a
competitor who killed the product after selling the Asian rights and
source code to Hitachi Corp for $2 million USD.

So, Philippe, by solving this problem you will not only make your plugin
users happy, you might also help to heal the deeply buried wounds of a
long-retired software developer. Good luck! :)

Sam