Some additional information: I will double check tomorrow but it seems
that all data is actually being sent (at least seen by wireshark on the
sending end). What seems to happen is that either the FIN is not sent by
the server or a packet is not acknowledged by the client but after that
last received ACK, the server waits 2 minutes and sends a RST. LMS logs
confirms that it considers everything has been sent. This is pretty
mysterious to me. The difference between the failing and working case is
that failure happens (or seems to) when packets are held for a long time
by the TCP lower layers. Now, the whole timing of the sessions differs
which means packet sizes differ as well, so it might not be a timing
issue but rather a TCP window size of some sort, as a consequence of
timing differences.

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3