Siduhe;238117 Wrote:
> Great news that Last.fm is going to be officially supported in future,
> and in Squeezenetwork too!
>
> Andy, also very glad see that you are also going to support multiple
> users - will that be both in Squeezecenter and Squeezenetwork?  If so,
> a plea for an easy and quick way to change Last.fm users (normally
> mid-song in my case) via the remote, as with James' version.  Prevents
> a lot of mis-scrobbling.  Also good to have that ability via the web
> interface(s) too.

Hmm currently this is only selected in the web UI.

> Re: genre tags, do you mean the option to scrobble music to Last.fm,
> but not submit your genre tags to them?  I use this functionality and
> would like to see the option extended into an official plugin.  I use
> multiple genres and some of them are quite descriptive (Sunday Morning
> Housework music, for example) and I don't want that being submitted to
> Last.fm.  It's not so much that I don't want it polluting my account,
> but I don't want it polluting the Last.fm database!  If it's not a
> hassle to support it - could it be included?

There are 2 different things related to genre tags right?  One is
submitting them as Last.fm tags, which I don't think is supported in
version 1.2 of the API:
http://www.audioscrobbler.net/development/protocol/

The other is skipping scrobbling for certain genres entered in a text
field.  Isn't the whole purpose of Last.fm to submit everything so you
can see what your listening habits are?  If you exclude something you
won't get the right results. :)

> Finally, whilst we're waiting for this official plugin, let me be the
> first to say a massive thank you to James for all the work on
> SlimScrobbler, without which this official version might not have got
> off the ground.

Absolutely, SlimScrobbler has been around for a while and is not
hampered by silly things like business agreements and marketing guys.
;)

--
andyg