KLocKR;312536 Wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Firstly i would like to thankyou for this great app, I am so happy to
> lay to rest the horrible squeezecenter.
>
> However, I am havving some problems skipping through songs. I am using
>
> MC2Slim v1.53
> JRiver Media Center 12.0.497
> slimserver 7.0.1
>
> When I am playing a song and I try and hit skip or double click on
> another song, the SB seems to get stuck on the song that is playing. If
> I hit stop and then play there is no problem, also if I scan through
> using the progress bar, there is no problem. It just seems to not be
> able to catch up to itself.
>
> I followed all the steps listed on the website and the help menus. I
> have tried to look through the help menu and have searched this forum
> but cannot find a resolution. If this is a normal feature or has been
> raised before please accept my apology but any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> cheers
> Joel

Hi Joel,

The basic problem here is that MC does not let me know when anything
changes, I have to constantly poll it with a timer and try to detect if
anything changed. This proved very difficult to do with 'Playing Now'
changes and is probably the cause of this problem.

I did start a major rewrite of MC2Slim to take advantage of the
promised 'event notifications' of MC12 but they never evolved to a
usable level.

I have a part working version that uses an 'event notification' to
cause me to poll MC rather than using a timer, It's more efficient and
more responsive but it's far from finished at then moment I'm afraid.

Craig

--
Craig

MC2Slim - Windows Shell and J River Media Center Integration for
Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk