pkfox;329234 Wrote:
> Hi Tim, I think the penny just dropped, when you use the learning wizard
> you point the remote you want to emulate ( in my case the MSR ) at the
> device ( SB or TP ) and IRBlaster outputs the received codes to the
> text file - which are then mapped to the TP remote by IRBlaster - am I
> correct ?

You are correct. I don't know what the numbers mean. I can decode the
raw numbers a Pronto uses to represent IR but I'm afraid I don't speak
LIRC!

When you are learning using the wizard hold the button down until the
web page shows it has captured the code. That will ensure that it has
learned the code properly. They all have a lead-in, initial command,
repeating command and lead out. Sometimes the initial command and
repeating command are the same, sometimes not. Felix seems to have
built enough intelligence into his learning wizard to determine how to
replicate the command set.

I just had a friend round to look at pulling a cable for me who is a
CEDIA installer. He loves the power and customisation of the Duet and
would definitely use it himself at home but for customers Sonos is
easier. One support visit and his margin is gone.

Tim

--
timmorris