bluegaspode;456714 Wrote:

> - should update data every 15min

In my opinion this is to heavy, most datasets are only updated twice a
day, though this obviously depends where you obtain your datafeed.  So
you are causing traffic for the provider for no reason.  One check per
hour makes sense as the maximum, if you need more than that you are
better off looking out the window!

bluegaspode;456714 Wrote:

> 1) where to take weather data from ?
> I don't want to parse HTML-sites (like the other plugins), there should
> be a proper API and a specified stable result.

Good luck with that, most of the API/RSS feeds only give limited data,
so you either need to suck the data from the screen or find a good
provider.
Most of the plugins check www.weather.com, wunderground, or an old one
I wrote bbc.co.uk/weather

bluegaspode;456714 Wrote:

> Currently WeatherBug has one big advantage over the other - it provides
> real nice icons in different resolution (and transparent background)

Be careful with copyright infringement, the way current plugins are
working is to extract the forecast and check the forecast text and link
this up to a number stored in an array/list, with the number e.g. 1.gif
(sunny) or 2.gif (rain) being the gfx to display on the screen.  So you
can use any gfx you want and you arent limited to what the provider
uses.

You need to plan for a lot of users using your plugin (even if you only
have a few) and think about the case where 1000+ users are all pulling
data from the provider and therefore what you can cache locally to
ensure minimal impact to the provider.  If you become a burden they will
just cut your plugin off as you arent generating any revenue for them.

Good Luck, look forward to seeing your work, dont forget to use an
Async data request :)

--
cparker

www.spicefly.com - Visit for an enhanced Interface for MusicIP and
integration tips and tricks, Plugin coding tips, Spicefly SugarCube the
MIP AutoDJ plugin and SpiceyWeather an animated weather forecast plugin!