pacc;461037 Wrote:
> Press right again when connecting to server to send WOL wakeup signal.
Hah. At last, someone using the remote like me.

Yes, NMAC is not a fixed name at all. Many boards have integrated
networking today, but some still not and people might be using a PCI
card instead (think of an addon giga card.)

I am afraid the automagic way to  setting acpi correctly is a bit
complex. I just tried this on my current project machine (and
unfortunately it uses an integrated card and the node name is NMAC as
well):

Code:
--------------------
    otto:~# lspci -D | grep -i ether
  0000:00:14.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP51 Ethernet Controller (rev a1)
  otto:~#  grep "0000:00:14.0" /proc/acpi/wakeup
  NMAC    S5     enabled   pci:0000:00:14.0
--------------------

Perhaps if there is an interest, I can hook a PCI network card to the
machine, use that instead of our friend NMAC and see what goes ?
I also have an old board without any integrated ethernet, to test with.
And a bunch of network PCI cards. Nothing designed for USB / PCMCIA or
other busses, though.

Also, if 2 cards are in service, I guess you don't want to muck with
the WOL settings of the wrong one. A long path that seems repeatable:
Code:
--------------------
    otto:~# lspci -v -s 0000:00:14.0 | grep IRQ
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21
  otto:~# cat /proc/interrupts | grep 21
  21:    1723719   IO-APIC-fasteoi   eth0
  otto:~# ifconfig eth0 | grep inet
  inet addr:192.168.1.50  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
  inet6 addr: fe80::213:8fff:fe70:49f2/64 Scope:Link

Geeeeze. Everybaday gets a Mac and life will be easier on the power
management front. ;)

Any interest for digging further into this?

(On a side note, this is a good day. I got a new SB3 -my stereo will
not look like a phone-  and the only way to hook it was to get rid of
the SBR :) What a difference a day makes.)

--
epoch1970