Hi all,

We just had a bug report in pmGraph because it assumed that the source
port database column was called "src_port" always, as it is in MySQL. The
user is using a postgres database, and it appears that the column is
called "port_src" there instead:

    if (!strcmp(config.type, "mysql") || !strcmp(config.type, "sqlite3"))
{
      strncat(insert_clause, "src_port", SPACELEFT(insert_clause));
      strncat(where[primitive].string, "src_port=%u",
SPACELEFT(where[primitive].string));
    }
    else {
      strncat(insert_clause, "port_src", SPACELEFT(insert_clause));
      strncat(where[primitive].string, "port_src=%u",
SPACELEFT(where[primitive].string));
    }

I would be much happier writing database-independent code around
pmacct if it didn't do things like this.

I understand that there is a backwards compatibility issue with changing
it, but perhaps it could be done in a new version of the mysql or postgres
schema?

Cheers, Chris.
--
Aptivate | http://www.aptivate.org | Phone: +44 1223 760887
The Humanitarian Centre, Fenner's, Gresham Road, Cambridge CB1 2ES

with company number 04980791.