Dear pmacctd-list members.

I've already tried to set up pmacct the way I need it but it seems I'm just
too dumb to get it. Her's what I try to accomplish:

We own several servers each of which has multiple IP addresses and
accordingly multiple virtual network interfaces (up to 50 like eth1:1,
eth1:2, etc).

We would like to count the traffic per interface on a daily basis and we
also wish to be able to generate weekly/monthly/yearly reports. A
distinction between services / protocols is currently not necessary. We just
want to know how much inbound and outbound traffic a single ip/interface has
produced in total per day. We don't even need fancy diagrams although they
would certainly be nice:)

My first try with the MySQL plugin went "ok" but the results were way to
detailed and the database grew to 450 MB within 17 days on a server that is
not even actively used. As I am quite sure that I am not the only one with
such a setup I kindly ask the list for help and/or example configurations.
Any hint would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,

Stefan