I admit, I didn't expect that Jews would vote for Obama in such
overwhelming numbers. It has been estimated by some pollsters that as many
as 78% of the Jews voted for Barack Hussein Obama in the last election.
Only the Blacks voted in greater numbers; almost 98%, for Obama.

I don't know how many Jews today support Israel, but I suspect about as
many as concern themselves with their history and the Holocaust while most
of the Jews alive today do not have much knowledge of their 2,000 year
history in the Diaspora nor were most of them around during the Nazi
Holocaust.

And, there is a third factor - overwhelmingly Jews support Democrats.

Marc Stanley (chairman of the National Jewish Democratic Council) in an
Op-Ed published by JTA in November 2008, wrote: "In fact, since 1972, when
exit polls were first instituted, the Republican nominee has averaged only
27 percent of the Jewish vote. In recent elections, the Republican nominee
has received even less, with Jewish support at 22 percent for Bush in 2004
and 19 percent in 2000, and 16 percent for Bob Dole in 1996. In 2006, the
Jewish support of Democratic congressional candidates reached 87 percent."

Even Jews like Dershowitz, who fancies himself a Centrist Democrat but has
written mediocre books and articles supporting Israel (though considered
right wing by extreme left wing and anti-Zionist Jews, i.e. Finklestein,
Chomsky et al) - is opposed to Israeli policies which have been so
important to their survival, a halt to natural expansion of the
"so-called" settlements and Israel's hawkish governments, which would also
include the Labor wing with regard to military and security decisions.

Many Jews I have talked to doubt the accuracy of the 78% polling estimate.
I doubt the accuracy of the election. The caucuses were rigged. There is
little doubt that if the truth about Obama was ever disclosed by a media
willing (and able) to report the truth about Obama he may not have won the
election at all. I don't need to go into all the reasons for my views
about this here; I have done so before (see TheCrypt at
http://inyourface.info/crypt/).

The choice should have been to vote for the hero, not the zero. Obama's
record is capricious and disgraceful; his friends antisemitic and
anti-Israel - and Barack Hussein Obama is now on the job in training. OJT
doesn't cut it in this job - and his words are an affront to Jews and a
betrayal of the American partnership with the only democracy in the Middle
East, Israel.

For older American Jews it just still about Israel, but for most of
them who are younger Jews it was not about Israel.

In Commentary (http://www.commentarymagazine.com/), "Why Jews Are Voting