"Craig A. Berry" <craig.a.be...@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks, Russ.  I've managed to integrate this into core:

> <http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/d42e1eb74e834d1cf3ac4b5c9bd3527c3d5da67b>

> The only thing different now between core and upstream is the
> Makefile.PL.  I've attached a patch to make it the same upstream (just
> two little nits needed for core). Hopefully with so few differences now,
> future integrations will be easy (this one was anything but!).

Beatiful, thank you!  And thank you for all the integration work.

Just so that I can add a comment to explain why this is here, to keep
myself from deleting it five years later because it seems unnecessary,
could you provide a bit of background on:

> +delete $metadata{MAN1PODS} if $ENV{PERL_CORE};

Is there some other method used to generate the man pages for core that
doesn't want to do this from Makefile.PL?

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- Russ Allbery, Just Another Perl Hacker
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<[~||<Juukn{=,<S~|}<Jwx}qn{<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD,