"Craig A. Berry" <craig.a.be...@gmail.com> writes:

> The missing .pod extension did confuse me.  Whether it confused the
> tools or I did something else wrong I'm not sure.  But I think / hope I
> have it sorted out with:

> http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/259f5e0bbc6277b397458cb905d37baaa68aaada

Thanks!  I'm actually going to rename it back to perlpodstyle.pod in the
next release, though (hopefully this weekend), because the renaming was
just to work around a Module::Build issue and I'd rather it have the same
extension as a normal POD file.  Just need to make sure that
ExtUtils::MakeMaker doesn't pick it up and try to install it as a module
man page, which was the issue with Module::Build.

> There was a comment in Porting/Maintainers.pl, the file we use to keep
> track of dual-life modules, that perlpodstyle is special and lives in
> the top-level pod/ directory in core. I don't know why it's there or
> whether it really needs to be there, but I left it for now.  It will get
> manified with all of the other .pod files in that directory.  And it was
> already up-to-date.

If it's identical, I'd kind of rather have it come directly from the
package in the cpan directory, since I'm happy to maintain it, but I have
no strong opinion there.  Y'all should do whatever is easier for you.  :)

> So you have two differences from core now, one being that
> pod/perlpodstyle upstream maps to pod/perlpodstyle.pod in core (*not*
> cpan/podlators/pod/...), and the other being the minor tweaks to
> Makefile.PL, that now look like the following.  You can probably just
> apply this with -p2.

Thanks!  I'll apply this, fix the naming of the file, and put out another
release.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -- Russ Allbery, Just Another Perl Hacker
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<[~||<Juukn{=,<S~|}<Jwx}qn{<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD,