It has been a goal to remove Pod::Parser from the core perl distribution.

It turns out there is a dependency in 2 test files for pod2uage upon Pod::Find and Pod::PlainText, which are parts of Pod::Parser.

The test files are Pod-Usage/t/pod/pod2usage.t
               and Pod-Usage/t/pod/pod2usage2.t

Note that Pod::Usage itself doesn't depend on Pod::Parser, just two test files do. I don't understand this part of perl at all. So I'm wondering what to do about this. Could the tests just be deleted? Is there a current alternative to the functionality of these modules?

Thanks