Thanks for the hint... two thoughts, feedback welcome:
1. Pod::PlainText used to be part of the core... but since now Pod::Usage
depends on Pod::Simple, I think the tests should be restructured to use that,
or as a last resort, Pod::Text
2. Pod::Find might deserve a separate distribution, but again the test of
Pod::Usage should not depend on it.
Hope to find some time to get that done in the next days...

-Marek