From: Tod McQuillin [mailto:de...@spamcop.net]
Sent: den 16 augusti 2012 02:46
To: Markus Jansen
Cc: poe@perl.org
Subject: Re: POE process getting too busy

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Markus Jansen wrote:

> I have discovered an annoying phenomenon, where after some while
> (days, weeks) a process (which is part of a multi-server POE network) all of
> a sudden goes berzerk by using all resources of its CPU.
> The good news is that the process itself remains fully functional, but from a
> system usage/load perspective, the situation is quite intolerable.

This sounds very familiar to me.

I encountered a similar problem on solaris and was able to make it stop by
putting the following line of code at the beginning of my POE program:

BEGIN { eval "sub POE::Kernel::USE_SIGNAL_PIPE () { 0 }" }

There seems to be a problem with the signal pipe on some platforms, but I
haven't yet done more research to track down what's going wrong.
--
Tod