That means it saved as a pre 1997 version of excel file format. HSSF only supports Biff8+ (Excel97 + not 5.0/95 which is different)

Sara Uppalapati wrote:
Hi Tahir, Thanks for your response. I opened user's version of excel file on my machine(which has office 2000) and saved as of type Microsoft Excel 97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook. I am still geting same errors when I tried to run my program with that excel file. Sara

"Tahir Akhtar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/25/2007 01:52 AM
Please respond to
"POI Users List" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"'POI Users List'" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Please help - unknown grbit '16'

It could be because of version incompatibility. May be user machine have
upgraded to newer version of excel. Try opening the file in excel and
save-as a new file paying attention to format (Excel 97 etc). Then try
running your program on newly saved file.