I tried deleting all tabs in the excel file step by step and tried at last
with no data also and I still have same error.
But when I try create empty excel on my machine(office 2000) and used it,
program works fine.
Could this be the issue with office 2003 compatibility?  If it is, any
patches available?
I am confused because it is failing even with no data in the file that was
created/updated on the machine which has office 2003.  Since no data and
no array formulas, I don't understand why it is still going to Ptg and
ArrayPtg and calling readTokenValues().

FYI - I am testing now latest poi jar file (poi-3.0-rc3-20070402.jar.)

Please help.

Thanks for your help.
Sara

Sara Uppalapati/Cincinnati/IBM
04/25/2007 12:42 PM

"POI Users List" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc
POI Users List <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject
Re: Please help - unknown grbit '16'

I tried with latest rc file - "poi-3.0-rc3-20070402.jar".  Now I am
getting below exception - similar one but only last line from the old
exceptions.

Before HSSFWorkbook Initiation
Error in Reading : org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFormatException:
Unable to construct record instance

"Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
04/25/2007 11:26 AM
Please respond to
"POI Users List" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>

POI Users List <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Please help - unknown grbit '16'

the 2000 format should be okay.  IF this is Excel 2000.  The grbit
sounds like something we don't support in included graphics.  Try with
the latest RC and go from there.

Sara Uppalapati wrote:
> I don't see just 97-2000 option in the save type drop down.  I also
tried
> save as type Mirosft excel workbook (*.xls) with no luck - assumed that
> has to be Excel 2000 format since I have office 2000.
>

> "Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 04/25/2007 09:53 AM
> Please respond to
> "POI Users List" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>

> POI Users List <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Please help - unknown grbit '16'
>

> That means it saved as a pre 1997 version of excel file format.  HSSF
> only supports Biff8+  (Excel97 + not 5.0/95 which is different)
>
> Sara Uppalapati wrote:
>
>> Hi Tahir,  Thanks for your response.  I opened user's version of excel
>> file on my machine(which has office 2000) and saved as of type
Microsoft

>> Excel 97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook.  I am still geting same errors when I
>> tried to run my program with that excel file.
>>
>> Sara
>>

>> "Tahir Akhtar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> 04/25/2007 01:52 AM
>> Please respond to
>> "POI Users List" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>

>> "'POI Users List'" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> RE: Please help - unknown grbit '16'
>>

>> It could be because of version incompatibility. May be user machine
have
>> upgraded to newer version of excel. Try opening the file in excel and
>> save-as a new file paying attention to format (Excel 97 etc). Then try
>> running your program on newly saved file.

Excel
>>> file. I'm not sure if that's what you have, but it's a possibility.

Catch us at Linuxfest Northwest (4/28-4/29) http://linuxfestnorthwest.org
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
Email, Calendaring, ease of configuration/administration
http://buni.org