LeaNder  wrote:

Tim Howells wrote:

The dual loyalty problem we see now in the States has recurred many many
times in history, starting long before the beginnings of modern Zionism.
The problems arise when loyalties to the global Jewish community
conflict with loyalty to one's homeland.

Any examples before Zionism? Am I correct you basically have McDonald in
mind and US immigration?

Well, Zionism has always been around in one form or another, but if we
stick with pre-Israel, we could begin with the takeover of Eastern
Europe by the Soviet Union.  Jews were very active and influential in
the communist parties in Eastern Europe and also in the USSR.   See, for
example, The Generation: The Rise and Fall of the Jewish Communists of
Poland
<http://www.amazon.com/Generation-Communists-Societies-Culture-East-Cent\
ral/dp/0520071360/ref=sr_1_3/103-7039982-4971803?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=119\
0023145&sr=1-3>  by Jaff Schatz.  Jews were attracted to the
universalism of communist ideology, which seemed to be an antidote for
anti-Semitism.  However, when East Europeans saw so many in their local
Jewish communities collaborating with the Soviet invaders in setting up
tyrannical puppet governments, this actually fueled anti-Semitism.

Jews were also very active in the communist party in the United States
and in the Soviet espionage revealed in the Venona Tapes
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project> . This includes the
betrayal of our nuclear secrets
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethel_and_Julius_Rosenberg>   to the
Soviets, enabling them to develop nuclear weapons.

Prior to the establishment of the the Bolshevik regime in Russia, Jewish
anger regarding anti-Semitism under the Tsar led them to fund and
participate in revolutionary movements in Russia.  One American
mega-financier, Jacob Schiff went so far as to provide such massive
funding to Japan for a war with Russia, that they were able to defeat
the Russians, wreaking significant damage on the country and greatly
weakening the government.  See for example, The Transfer Agreement
<http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/b/black-edwin/chapter-03.html>  , by
Edwin Black.  Again, quite naturally, these things fueled anti-Semitism
among Russian patriots.

Nathan Rothschild played a key roll in the defeat of Napoleon
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothschilds>  by Britain.  He was assisted
by an intelligence network in France that was far more effective than
any capability possessed by the British government.  This was based
primarily on his extensive contacts in the very wealthy and powerful
Jewish community in France, including family connections, which provided
not only intelligence but crucial logistical support  in the defeat of
their own country.

Tim Howells