I don't feel much need to discuss Kevin MacDonald -- I've read enough of his
work to understand that he is a white ethnic nationalist who is preoccupied in
a xenophobic way with threats to his ethnic group, and basically shares the
same agenda as the philosophers who designed Nazi ideology.  The answer to
destructive ethnic conflict, in my opinion, is creative ethnic cooperation, not
ethnic self-ghettoization and ethnic cleansing.  Ethnic boundaries are highly
fluid and changing all the time, especially with increasing intermarriage among
diverse groups.  I am more interested in talent and creativity than ethnic
affiliations.  Am I not making myself clear on this subject? :)

What does ethnicity have to do with earning a doctorate at MIT?  Who cares?

At one time Anglo-American ethnic purists treated people with Kevin MacDonald's
ethnic "disabilities" with the utmost contempt and brutality.  Has MacDonald
forgotten that ugly phase of American history?

tim_howells_1000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 OK - I finally noticed that MacDonald is on the editorial board.  I
 don't know anything about OC beyond having read that book by MacDonald .
 Even regarding OC, you are posting hostile characterizations of their
 positions.  This is getting too far removed from MacDonald , I think.

 Again, why don't you just post something written by Kevin MacDonald that
 you find objectionable?  Maybe on reflection I'll agree.  I try not to
 cling to untenable positions - I'll admit when I'm wrong.  Maybe we just
 disagree, but can do so in a friendly way.   But then again, maybe I
 really am a depraved moral monster, and this is your chance to expose
 me!

 I think there are no easy, pat solutions here.  One easy out is to
 simply deny that ethnic groups even exist.  Or you could deny the
 existence of ethnic competition and conflict.  Or you could think that
 maybe it's better just to ignore these things and hope they go away.
 Sure, there are problems with MacDonald's positions - if I could get a
 dialog going at all here, maybe we could get into that.  Maybe there are
 even a few problems with your own position that it would be good for you
 to consider.  The one thing I really put my faith in is getting the
 light of day on problems, and open and honest discussion.

 Tim Howells

 > Sean McBride wrote:
 >
 > From Wikipedia. Do you dispute any of the statements here?
 >
 > Nope. I know that MacDonald has published in OQ. I have read his
 > Understanding Jewish Influence, which was published by them, I
 believe.
 > I don't know whether or not KM endorses all of the points made in the
 > editorial statement below, or if he has any other relationship with
 OC,
 > so I think this is basically a waste of time.
 >
 > Why don't we actually have a look at something that Kevin MacDonald
 has
 > actually said? After all, he has published widely, and his opinions
 are
 > an open book - or several actually. Why not? The simplest thing would
 > be if you could post some of the things he said that you think are so
 > terrible. Then we could discuss them. Why not? Based on past
 > experience, you will decline to do this. I'll try to find time some
 > time soon to scan in some passages from the final chapter of Culture
 of
 > Critique, where he sums up his views in a very good way, I think. Then
 > you can have at it, and maybe we can figure out what is going wrong
 with
 > this attempt at a dialog.
 >
 > Tim Howells
 >

 > [BEGIN WIKIPEDIA ON KEVIN MACDONALD]
 >
 > The Occidental Quarterly is a journal of Western thought and opinion.
 > The journal's name derives from its devotion to discussing the ethnic,
 > racial and cultural heritage that forms the foundation of Western
 > Civilization as well as the contemporary political, social and
 > demographic trends that affect this tradition. It has been described
 as
 > a white nationalist journal that seeks to direct American conservatism
 > in the direction of an Anglo-Saxon cultural and racial ideology.[1]
 >
 > The journal is published by the Charles Martel Society (not to be
 > confused with France's anti-Algerian Charles Martel Group [2]), named
 in
 > honor of Charles Martel, who halted a Muslim invasion of Europe at the
 > Battle of Tours in 732. They explicitly reject neoconservatism and
 call
 > for a "third school" to emerge from paleoconservatism in the from of
 an
 > ideology of White European identity politics, and holds that the
 > American political order of freedom and liberty is under ethnic and
 > ideological threat. Its foreign policy positions, broadly, are
 > anti-immigration with the exception of those from other industrialized
 > Western nations, and isolationism, including the rejection of
 influence
 > from Israel and Mexico on U.S. politics.
 > >
 > > The current editor of Occidental Quarterly is Kevin Lamb. Its
 > publisher is William Regnery II.[3] Editorial advisory board members
 > include Virginia Abernethy, Richard Lynn, Kevin B. MacDonald, Wayne
 > Lutton, and Brent Nelson [4]. Jared Taylor, of the American
 Renaissance