Mark,

> On 30 Jul 2018, at 19:12, Mark Clements <mark.cleme...@ki.se> wrote:
>
> This is my first post. I am trying to use poly_smlnj-lib.sml (with a
> plan to see whether mlnffigen can be ported from MLton to Poly/ML).
> Following instructions from
> http://www.tbrk.org/software/poly_smlnj-lib.html (see also
> https://github.com/standardml/smackage/blob/master/src/poly_smlnj-lib.sml),
> I called:
>
> $ poly
>> use "poly_mlyacc.sml"; (* ok *)
>> use "poly_smlnj-lib.sml";
>
> with the latter giving an error:
>
> /usr/local/lib/mlton/sml/smlnj-lib/Util/bit-array.sml:781: error:
> Structure (Word8Array) has not been declared in structure Unsafe
> Found near Unsafe.Word8Array.create (Word8Array.length bits)
>
> I am using Poly/ML 5.7.1 Release and MLton 20180207. Any suggestions
> would be welcomed.

I’ve been assembling some random SML code here:

https://github.com/peteg/SML

There you will find a version of smlnj-lib that works with Poly/ML from git.
Note that there are some new structures since the time of Tim’s patch, and I
mostly didn’t bother to get them working. Note also you can use the smlnj-lib
included with mlton with mlton. There are some build scripts in my repo that
might help. I’m happy to accept PRs etc. that improve the situation.

cheers,
peter

--
http://peteg.org/