Thanks, David.

Digging into the issue it might be that the polyml in question uses 32 bit
addressing an that is the problem.

How can I check whether a polyml is 32 or 64 bit?

- Gergely

Az Android Outlook letöltése

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 2:21 PM +0100, "David Matthews"
<david.matth...@prolingua.co.uk> wrote:

On 04/12/2018 13:00, Gergely Buday wrote:
> Hi,
>
> https://polyml.inf.ed.ac.narkive.com/c53BJE4q/run-out-of-store-interrupting-
> threads
>
> says that setting --maxheap with polyml can fix this problem.
>
> Does this memory allocation necessarily mean _physical_ memory allocation or
> the operating system can use swap space to have the necessary memory?
>
> I have set maxheap as twice the physical memory size in a CakeML compilation
> and I still got this error message (8G/16G).
>
> - Gergely

The --maxheap setting sets the maximum virtual memory that can be used
for the heap.  There may be other settings, such as the available swap
space or "ulimit" settings that mean that the heap can't grow to this
size.  It's generally a bad idea to allow the heap to grow much above
the size of the physical memory because garbage-collection will cause
the whole of the heap to be swapped in and out of memory.  However, the
control is on virtual memory not physical memory.

David