On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 5:48 AM David Matthews
<david.matth...@prolingua.co.uk> wrote:
> This is a last chance to test the current git master before release.

Sorry to be late.  When running configure, I see this:

checking whether as supports .note.GNU-stack... yes
./configure: line 18046: dependentlibs: command not found

That is due to line 584 of configure.ac, which reads:

dependentlibs = ""

That says to invoke the dependentlibs command with two arguments: =
and "".  Remove the spaces around = to make it be the intended
assignment.

The release looks great.  I've used --enable-compact32bit with no
problems.  Kudos to everyone involved in making that work.

Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/