> On 23 Apr 2024, at 8:53 am, J Doe <gene...@nativemethods.com> wrote:
>
> On 2024-04-15 01:28, Ian McWilliam wrote:
>
>> vfs objects = acl_tdb
>>
>> is the issue. Not enabling the acl_tbd vfs object allow files and folders to
>> be deleted again. I suspect this has been broken on OpenBSD for some time as
>> I have it disabled on all my other samba instances where it was once enabled.
>>
>> Should we add a note to both state and current readme saying the vfs objects
>> are essentially broken on OpenBSD?
>>

>> Ian McWilliam
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> Does this apply to *all* VFS objects with Samba 4.19.6 ?
>
> I have a server configured with several VFS objects to provide a share
> for some Apple iOS/macOS clients.  In the config file I have:
>
>    /etc/samba/smb.conf
>        . . .
>        vfs objects = catia fruit streams_xattr xattr_tdb
>
> ...after this I configure some of the VFS objects (ie: fruit: etc.).
>
> I had *thought* this was being honoured by Samba as I did not seeing any
> error output regarding the VFS objects ... but has Samba been silently
> ignoring them ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - J

Hi,

On Mac

kristamari-w1:~/Desktop>touch test.txt

kristamari-w1:~/Desktop>xattr -w com.test.org hello test.txt

kristamari-w1:~/Desktop>ls -al@ test.txt
-rw-r--r--@ 1 ianm  staff  0 23 Apr 10:33 test.txt
        com.apple.macl  72
        com.test.org    5

kristamari-w1:~/Desktop>xattr -l test.txt
com.apple.macl:
com.test.org: hello

vfs objects =

Mount samba share
Copy file to share

kristamari-w1:~/Desktop>ls -al@ /Volumes/ianm/test.txt
-rwx------  1 ianm  staff  0 23 Apr 10:33 /Volumes/ianm/test.txt

vfs objects = xattr_tdb acl_xattr
restart samba
remount volume

Copy file from mac to share

kristamari-w1:~/Desktop>ls -al@ /Volumes/ianm/test.txt
-rwx------@ 1 ianm  staff  0 23 Apr 10:33 /Volumes/ianm/test.txt
        com.apple.macl  72
        com.test.org    5

kristamari-w1:~/Desktop>xattr -l /Volumes/ianm/test.txt
com.apple.macl:
com.test.org: hello

So it appears that xattr_tdb is storing extended attributes.

Ian McWilliam