Look, I'm going to side with Theo on that one.

There are lots of *big* issues to fix each release. It doesn't look like
it from outside, but we have show-stoppers.

Each release, we refine the process.

This release, we cut down on the number of non-critical commits right up
to the lock.

So that the release goes smoother.

So that things go faster.

You can help by testing the snapshots, telling what does not work, etc.

As soon as the release is past, it will be `business as usual', and of
course, a lot of `minor' patches are going to happen.

Seriously, the release work is gigantic. There are choices to be made.
If you don't like the current choices, tough.