Hi,

Theres something that i dont have very clear. I know in everywhere is
recommended to have a fully qualified domain name for your system if you
intend to make it a mail server.
Now my question is: if is going to be an internal mail server, and the
domains will be hosted virtually using mysql, is it necessary to still
have an FQDN for the system? or will postfix be allright with the domain
name info stored in the database?

I am asking this cause the idea is to have a dedicated server in a
datacenter that basically serves as primary MX, and then the internal
server inhouse which will retrieve the email from the primary MX and
will server the internal network.

I dont know if i explain right, i  am having a missconception problem i
believe, could someone clarify please?, thanks in advance.

regards,