mouss escribió:
> kyoku cocinillas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

> next time, please chose a better subject. if everyone sets "Subject: I
> have a question", then the subject becomes useless...

I am very sorry, i did not realize, you are completely right

>> Theres something that i dont have very clear. I know in everywhere is
>> recommended to have a fully qualified domain name for your system if you
>> intend to make it a mail server.
>> Now my question is: if is going to be an internal mail server, and the
>> domains will be hosted virtually using mysql, is it necessary to still
>> have an FQDN for the system?
>
> if this system won't connect to external mail servers, do whatever you
> want.
>
> if it will connect to external mail servers, it's not internal and it
> must comply. In paticular, the HELO name must be fqdn and must resolve
> (preferably to the external IP as seen from outside). By default, this
> helo name is $myhostname.

It will relay to our dedicated server for sending mail, that will be all

>> or will postfix be allright with the domain
>> name info stored in the database?
>
> not sure what you mean. if you mean the "default" domain, this is
> $mydomain and can't be stored in a map. if you mean virtual domains,
> yes, you can store them in mysql or other.

I meant virtual domains in mysql, yes.

>> I am asking this cause the idea is to have a dedicated server in a
>> datacenter that basically serves as primary MX, and then the internal
>> server inhouse which will retrieve the email from the primary MX and
>> will server the internal network.
>>
>> I dont know if i explain right, i  am having a missconception problem i
>> believe, could someone clarify please?, thanks in advance.
>>

> don't know. it looks like you confuse the domain of the machine
> (mydomain, myhostname) and the (virtual) domains used in email
> addresses. These are different concepts.

My question was regarding the domain of the machine, which i dont need
to show, just the virtual domains in mysql are the ones that suppose to
actually be used by postfix, am i correct?