Martin Strand wrote:
 Hi all.
 I'm looking to implement an auto-response mechanism which:
 - only sends responses to senders who pass SPF checks
 - responds from certain virtual aliases as well as certain virtual users
 - doesn't respond to mailing lists
 - finds the response message/subject through mysql
 - supports per-recipient charset (iso-8859-15 or utf-8)
- doesn't respond several times to the same sender within a certain
time period

Searching the list archive and Google turned up yaa as the best
alternative, but it seems to have disappeared :(
 http://frost.ath.cx/software/yaa/

 Are there any other good options?
I suppose I could write something myself, but this feels like a fairly
common thing to do so I was hoping someone else had already done it.

Try managesieve service and pysieved:

ManageSieve:
- http://wiki.dovecot.org/ManageSieve

PySieved:
- http://www.woozle.org/~neale/src/pysieved/

Avelsieve: Sieve Mail Filters Plugin for Squirrelmail:
- http://email.uoa.gr/avelsieve/

Plugin for Roundcube WebMail:
- http://alec.pl/roundcube/managesieve/

Horde WebMail support managesieve too (via Ingo).
Thunderbird has plugin for managesieve too.

--
Best regards.

- Open Source Mail Server Solution for RHEL/CentOS 5.x:
 http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/