Dan Lists:
> The ps/pgrep output is still perplexing.  If I have just  -o
> receive_override_options=no_milters the pgrep output is:
>
> 92212 smtpd -n 2525 -t inet -u -o stress= -o content_filter= -o
> receive_override_options=no_milters -o smtpd_sender_restrictions= -o
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject -o mynetworks=
> 127.0.0.0/8,xx.yy.zz.0/24

This information is taken from in the kernel address space.

> If I have -o receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks,no_milters pgrep
> output is:
>
> 91904 smtpd -n 2525 -t inet -u -o stress -o content_filter -o
> receive_override_options -o smtpd_sender_restrictions -o
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions -o mynetworks

This information is taken from the process address space.  While
parsing "-o name=value", smtpd will split the "name=value" by
overwriting the "=" with a null byte (which is used as string
terminator). Therefore, the output above only shows "-o name".

Why one command takes the information from the kernel, and the
other from the process, is a question that your vendor can answer.