On 8/25/2010 12:50 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:
On 2010-08-24 8:58 AM, Noel Jones<njo...@megan.vbhcs.org>  wrote:
On 8/24/2010 7:41 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
I guess I need some clarification now...

My understanding is this is not true if you have all checks under
recipient_restrictions (and delay_reject enabled) - an OK in this
case *would* cause the message to be accepted immediately, while a
DUNNO would skip to the next check.

No, behavior is still as I described. smtpd_delay_reject doesn't
change the order.

That doesn't make sense to me so I must be missing something... :(

Currently, I have all of my restrictions under
smtpd_recipient_restrictions, so I thought that these restrictions would
be evaluated in the order I added them under that section, regardless of
which restriction class/section they belong to... ?

But in any case, PERMIT/REJECT always happens immediately.

Is this correct?

REJECT happens immediately, DUNNO skips to the next restriction,
OK/PERMIT skips to the next smtpd_mumble_section.

I understand this, but in the predefined case where all restrictions are
placed under smtpd_recipient_restrictions, doesn't this in fact mean
that an OK/PERMIT would result no further checks (ie, immediate
'acceptance' of the message) since there is no other section to skip to?

Otherwise I guess I'm totally confused...

smtpd_recipient_restrictions is not the last section; the message still must pass smtpd_data_restrictions and smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions.

If you've specified smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient=yes, that check is also after smtpd_recipient_restrictions.

  -- Noel Jones